My Dinosaur Life.....Oh yes it is!

Posted by Thor's Hammer | Posted on 8:52 PM

I am always affraid when a band puts out a new album. The fear of one of "your" bands releasing an album that is below your disgustingly high expectations is crippling, and it should be. What makes this even more intense is when you unexpectedly are hit with a new album and paic sets in. Oh no, where have you been, and why have you not heard anything about it? This is what happened to me today. I was completely unaware that MCS had a new album on the way let alone it has been out since January 19th.

I loved the first three Motion City Soundtrck albums (I Am The Movie, Commit This To Memory, and Even If It Kills me). MCS has this distinct ability to take a rediculously infectious hook and build a complex, yet manageable song around it. Now take that process and repeat it 12 times, without being repetitous. Ha! Done!, and this latest album does not disappoint (sigh). I will say this, it is sharply different than anything else they have done. Maturity in a band can be taken so many different ways but i claim that this maturity is great. If you have never ventured into the realm of MCS this is a great starting place. With hook after hook you cannot help but sing your heart out with each and every song. If you are not a fan of powerpop music, then this my not be your cup of super-sweet tea. All in all I would have to say at least give this a shot.

Score - 81%

Top Songs:
Her words destroyed my planet
Disappear
Delirium
Pulp fiction


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Comments (0)

Post a Comment